19 August 2017

Dog Daze and Chicken Hawks

I am old. I don't do facebook, twitter, snapchat, Google Plus, etc. No, not even texting or sexting. My digital domain is limited to this blog, plus email. Period.

I do subscribe to a daily email called "A Word a Day."  Interesting. Each week they pick a subject and daily list a word and its definition, pronunciation, and derivation. Some words I know, others not.

Last week, the theme was words related to animals, and we had words like "lionize," "dog days," etc.

Now, of course, I, like you, am transfixed by our daily obsession with our president, who has, in the past ten days, threatened North Korea with nuclear war, and threatened to invade Venezuela. So a bell went off this past week when I read Thursday's word, "chicken hawk."  

Definition:

"A person who favors military action, yet has avoided military service."


Hmm, ring any bells for you?


A bientot.